Friday, May 13, 2005

I need to take a breath.

Time has about come for me to come clean with everything that I know. Over the next few weeks as the "truth" of my involvement with OurColony.net comes to light. I hope that it becomes clear to you all why I need to still be carefull how I reveal this "truth". Some of you will find this kind of shocking and maybe a little disappointing. My wish is that you all find it as ironic and funny as I have. More on this subject soon.

Now to address those who wish to know what I was able to discover about the XBOX360. Most of the official specifications have been posted. So please look around first. However, there is much that I was able to learn that they may or may not want me to talk about. To handle these questions I feel it best I do this in a public fashion. So please drop me an email or comment so I can go through them and answer at once rather than over and over. I will not be answering questions that I have already publicly answered either here or elsewhere. I also will not answer questions about technical specs if those questions have already been answered somewhere else.

It was amazing to watch the different gaming communities come together to play out this little drama. I would hate to see this just dissolve. I have taken the time to create an OurColony Friendster group. I will be taking applications from anyone who would like to take over ownership of this group, as I just will not have time to maintain it in the coming months. With this I would like to invite you all to join my personal friendster network and or the OurColony group of friends that will hopefully form there. I hope we can use this as a method to keep in touch, and pass along any leads on future Colony sightings. *Link to my friendster network at the bottom of page.

I said I would have a treat, but it looks like someone beat me to it. I dug as hard as I could to find something I could use to give back to everyone that made this happen for me. It turns out that just about the time this was being whispered in my ear it was hitting the net. Most of you have seen this. And I was able to find TeamXbox already talking about it in the forums. Well It is true. It is in the code. I can't tell you how to make it work. Or why the code to do this is still in the game. *Sometimes you just have to keep something secret to protect other people.

Since that turned out to be such a bust I'm going to host a few of my own little challenges from my blog soon. I plan to give away some of the swag I picked up while I was in LA. Look for those soon.

In the meantime why don't you guys go back through my blog, comment on my little timewasters and riddles. I might just give something away to the person/s that posts the most clever comments and/or correct answers to my "riddles" I'll keep the blog up-to-date as often as I can.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yakko Warner said...

I don't know what I can say, except congratulations. It must've been awesome.

Do you know anything about the future of OurColony? Are there definite plans for its return? If so, for what purpose?

Things like this have definitely piqued my interest in these puzzle-type games, although I have to admit, when I did actually happen to see a challenge before it was solved [it seems like the last handful were posted and solved before I could even log on to look], I was absolutely clueless as to how to solve anything or where to look. Do you ever feel like all you can do is watch, like you just aren't smart enough or clever enough to really contribute anything? I know I did. I wasn't able to arrive at a single answer.

So, how do you get good at something like this? Or are you already good and is it really way beyond my understanding? :-/

7:25 PM EDT  
Blogger Brian said...

Quite a nice ending and a great new beginning! You've been a great friend and someone to always bounce ideas off during this whole ordeal. Thanks once again and good luck where every you may go.

Please keep in touch, you know where to find me!

8:45 PM EDT  
Blogger LiveImagePhoto said...

everytime i read something of yours now i cant help but think its some kind of riddle, like you are hiding something, uve driven me crazy, lol and i guess its because of this whole xbox thing. lol every post of yours on the forum now seems like u are hiding something for someone to find. but i know im just crazy. anyway, keep posting, you too gamem8ker. (the blogspot posts do the same to me as do thx's posts) haha.. i need some rest. oh and thx be sure to tell us what you went through whenever the nda or E3 is over..

2:46 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home