Friday, July 22, 2005

Well it's almost time to get on the train for good old New York. Man what a year it's been so far. L.A., Chicago, and now NYC... Where will this take me next.

I'll be posting whatever I can from the hotel, and pics too...



Note to my little sis:

I know you are going through some hard times right now. Just remember I love you and you are always in my thoughts. I wouldn't be able to do any of this if it wasn't for your voice in the back of my head, "Your not done yet." If it wasn't for you, I would forget myself and celebrate too soon.

I'll try and call you from somewhere cool this weekend to say happy b-day. Maybe from on top of the empire state building even.

3 Comments:

Blogger SlipstreamBRO said...

I'll be prayin' for ya, THX. I hope the meeting goes well. remember to tell her I'm a fan ;) lol

Slip

10:41 AM EDT  
Blogger SlipstreamBRO said...

I meant about yer mtg, btw...Not yer sister...Sorry just read what I wrote.

10:42 AM EDT  
Blogger TOOKONG said...

I subscribe to A Word A Day (www.wordsmith.org/awad/). I get a new word via email 5 days out of the week. Anu Garg is the linguaphile who manages the service. At the head of every week, Garg introduces the word theme for that week. (This week's theme involves words related to divination and prediction.) In the introduction for this week, Garg writes, "Since ancient times, humans have used various ways to divine their next course of action. From gazing at stars (astromancy) to the animal entrails(haruspicy), they have tried to find an omen that would point them in the right direction. Was there any meaning in those methods? Who knows? But one thing is certain: when we feel propelled by fate, whatever the direction, we devote ourselves fully toward it. And that may be the value of those predictors."

Reminded me of your fate post. Thought it was interesting. Passed it on.

BTW, I used to live in Asheville, NC.

12:19 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home