Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I spoke too quickly...

I have trouble meandering through the English language. I think yesterday I may have spoken too quickly. So in this case I'll leave what I have to say to a greater man than I.

I did a quick search before pulling out his books. Just to see what was out there of his online. First page I hit. It sent a chill down my spine. There it was, the one I was looking for. Very first one. Please don't look for clues. This was written by my grandfather. He has always inspired me.



The Window Of Awareness

A few blinks through the window of awareness
And we think we know the truth of what we've seen.
But we only guess at much of what we witness
For dust and grime distort our viewing screen.

We know not the degree of the distortion;
Commerce beclouds a hazy, narrow view.
Still we will argue out of firm conviction
That what we think we've seen, is absolutely true!

We make assumptions, and choose a style of living
(We must work to earn our daily bread)
But we cannot satisfy a vague misgiving
That what we've seen, was not correctly read.

We are too quick to judge another's picture
When we can, only darkly, see our own.
God, alone, can remove the stricture
To a better vision of the known.

When daylight fades into the dark
May we no longer be opposed,
And each be berthed upon the ark
When the door is closed.

- Raymond F. Rogers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home